Thursday, October 29, 2015

Life Lesson From The Lord From Picking Up Pecan Nuts With Family

Yesterday I was picking up some pecans with family and at first I had a "resistant spirit".

I planned to pick some up out in the yard by the abandoned house and property next door on "my own time".

The Holy Ghost convicted me of my "self-willed" spirit and I promptly joined everyone outside picking up fallen pecans from the pecan tree.

At first I thought this "lowly activity" was a "waste of time" of something I could do later on "my own time"; yet the Lord rebuked my high minded, self-willed spirit and I eventually "caught on" to what he was teaching me at that moment...

The lesson was "mind not 'high things' for wisdom is found in the lowliest of daily activities".

Indeed, as I learned and connected this experience to the Scripture in )(KJV) Proverbs about "gathering up the harvest while it is yet summer and being prepared for the summer". It was a proverbial "Aha!" epiphany moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment